- Drag shapes into the canvas area.
- Move a shape around by clicking on its center and dragging.
- Resize a shape by clicking on its edge and dragging in and out with respect to the center.
- Rotate a shape by clicking on it edge and dragging sideways.
- Change the aspect ratio of a shape by clicking on its edge and dragging while holding the SHIFT key.
- Move around on the canvas by clicking and dragging the canvas.
- Zoom in and out by scrolling on a mouse or trackpad.
Friday, May 18, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Once you finish a game, you get a report of various statistics about your performance. If you enable the "Internet" option in the Settings, the game will also report your scores to the central server and tell you how well you did compared to other players...
according to the Lexcavator Twitter account. According to the developer's blog, the leaderboard is completely anonymous, so you don't have to worry about generating a login or a password or recovering a password when you've forgotten it. It's simple and done the right way, just like everything else about the game.
This is the kind of game that you will find yourself wanting to play repeatedly. There is also a Quest Mode which consists of a series of untimed challenges (like, find four 4-letter words, all in lines, without finding any other words).
You can get the game at lexcavator.com. It is being distributed on a pay-what-you-want model. I initially downloaded it for free, but I'm going to go back and pay for a copy to support the developer.